Journey of my lifetime




Some times job transfers turn out to be good.Taking my case,due to my father's transfer we once had to stay in a place called EZHIMALA.I can't stop myself telling you about this town in God's own country Kerala.

Ezhimala meaning seven hills(ezhi-seven,mala-hills)
Ezhimala (286 m above sea level) is in Kannur district of Kerala, south India and was the capital of the ancient Mooshika kings and is considered to be an ancient historical site. It is a conspicuous, isolated cluster of hills, forming a promontory, 38 km north of Kannur. A flourishing sea port and centre of trade in ancient Kerala, it was one of the



major battle fields of the Chola-Chera war of the 11th century. It is believed that Lord Buddha had visited Ezhimala.


To reach kerala,we had to take a train to chennai(preferably coromandel at 4.00am),after reaching chennai at 6.00pm,we had to catch a connecting train(mangalore express at 8.00pm)to payyanur(no station at ezhimala),from payyanur its just 8km journey to ezhimala,but as it is a restricted area & my father was a working there
,so we had the privileage of going through INS ZAMORIN,but for others it takes 15-20km of journey.our house was just 1/2 km away from sea.I used to go to INS ZAMORIN(only with permission) and witness the cadet officers of navy getting trained(compulsory for every naval officer in india to get trained here for 9 months).
My fathers office was nothing less than a resort,office on small mountain with a small backwaters at its foot & sea waves hitting the rocks in front of office,you can also witness dolphins in summer.

Wait its not yet finished,you got a cannanore(kannur)fort and beach,Payyanur town,Ramanthali Town and many others.

Remember the song from BOMBAY film where arvind swamy sings a song from a fort,all these are add on experiences of me while my stay at lap of mother nature.



In short one of the MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS in my life where I got a chance to enjoy the nature at its best.






JOIN INDIAN NAVY
serve the nation